Epoch-making equipment to develop new materials for tommorow.
Easy sintering machine usable in air atmosphere.
- Essential tool to develop new materials Discharge Plasma Active Sintering can produce sinteres from variety of powders. Powders which are hard to be sintered by traditional means, such as Beryllium, Aluminum, Titanium, Molyndenum can be easily sintered. Materials used to take time to be sintered such as Tungsten-Carbide Alloy, carbon and also non-conductive material like Fine-ceramics can be easily sintered. Furthermore, many features to take few instance: "Creating special alloy from variety of powders", able to do weld-forming and powder-sintering at once" make Ed-pas efficient method to develop new material.
- Principle of process Direct application of pulse voltage to powder causes micro discharge between gaps of powder particles to generate plasma. Impact of this plasma evaporates impurities oxide film and absorption gas on particle surface. Simultaneously with that such energy as heat and strain is accumulated on the particle surface and activate it. Then, Joule heat is generated at contacting dection between activated particles to cause thermal diffision. As the electric field diffusion is caused in parallel, sintering can be accomplished within a short time of scores seconds or several minutes.
- Technical features of Ed-Pas
- Plasma discharge generated between particles purify and active sintered section. This action cause high-vacuum or reduction atmosphere to be unnecessary.
- Supplies high density energy effectively make possible to sinter at lower temperature than the other method.
- Crystallization of sintered material does not grow and amorphous stays same condition because of low temperature and quick sintering
- Bonding powder particles by electrical energization enable to produce superior properties in electrically and magnetically.
- Fine energy control makes possible of laminated sintering for material, and sintering superconductive material
- Rapid rise of temperature (1000~2000 C/min) resulting material having high melting point such as carbide, boride material, tugnsten, molybdenum to be sintered in short time.
- Using sintering function, high quality sintered material can be obtained regardless of exprerience of first handled powder.
- Field of material use for Ed-Pas 1.Electromagnetism Materials, 2. Mechanical Materials, 3. Diamond Tool Materials, 4. Dental Materials, 5. Friction-resistant Materials, 6. Friction Materials, 7. Super hard Materials, 8. Heat-Resident Materials, 9. Ultra-high Temperature Materials, 10. Amorphous Materials, 11. Nano-micron Materials, 12. Intermetallic Compounds Materials, 13. Porous Materials, 14. Functionally Graded Materials, 15. Composite Materials, 16. Fiber Materials